Walnut-maple syrup ice cream
- Ice-cream maker
- 100 g of whole walnuts
- 60 g sugar
- 1 dl maple syrup
- 500 ml cream full fat or half fat
- Melt the sugar in a pan over a not too hot fire. When it is golden brown and liquid, add the whole walnuts and caramelize while stirring.
- Place the caramelized walnuts on a baking sheet and leave to cool
- Put the pan with the caramel leftovers back on the stove. Add maple syrup and 2 dl cream and bring to the boil. Simmer until all the caramel remains have dissolved. Then let it cool down.
- Add the rest of the cream and put everything in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Grind 2/3 of the walnuts and chop the rest into pieces.
- Mix the walnuts with the liquid and freeze everything in the ice-cream maker.