Sweet and sour soup with shrimps or Quorn (Tom Yum Kung)
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 1 stick of lemongrass cut into 2 cm long pieces
- 3 slices of fresh galangal if you don't find any galangal, ginger will do
- 1-3 teaspoons Tom Yum paste depending on desired spiciness
- ½ Cup of coconut cream
- 3-4 fresh shrimps cut open at the back or 3 Quorn-filets
- ½ Onion chopped
- 3 chilli peppers depending on the desired spiciness
- 1 tomato cut into 1 cm pieces
- 1 small lime only juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Coriander leaves to taste
- 1 spring onion quartered
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- Bring water, lemongrass, galangal and Tom Yum paste to the boil in a pan.
- Add coconut cream and onion pieces and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimps or quorn, bring to the boil again and continue cooking until the shrimps are pink.
- Add the chilli and tomato pieces, lime juice and fish sauce and continue cooking for another minute.
- Turn off the heat and add coriander leaves, spring onions and kaffir lime leaves.
- Mix everything well and serve.