For sure you know the heavenly, creamy Tiramisù dessert.
Do you also know Chai? I’m talking about the spiced tea that is drunk in India with sugar and milk.
I love both and wondered if it might be possible to combine them. Since Chai contains many warming spices, I see it more as a winter dessert. This makes it is the ideal Christmas or New Year dessert for me. You can easily prepare it in the morning and then keep it in the fridge. It’s even better if the Tiramisù is left standing for a few hours, this way the ladyfinger biscuits will be really soaked.
Besides, in Chai there are also spices that are good for digestion, which is not bad in this rather festive time.
For the recipe you can either put together the spices for the Chai yourself, here you can find a recipe, or use a ready-made spice mixture. And for those in a hurry (for example me), there is still always the Chai syrup. I always have a bottle of it in the fridge. Then the dessert is made super fast.
By the way, for this recipe of Tiramisù with Chai, I only use the spice brew without black tea in it.
You can also use amaretti instead of ladyfingers. Amaretti are small round biscuits with a fine bitter almond aroma.
This tiramisù variant is alcohol-free and is therefore also suitable for children.
Now to the recipe.
Tiramisù with Chai
- 2 eggs 2 egg yolks + 2 egg whites
- 50 g sugar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 300 g mascarpone
- 2 dl Chai spice stock sweetened with 1 tbsp sugar or 2 dl diluted syrup 1 part syrup/4 parts water
- 40 approximately ladyfingers or the equivalent amount of Amaretti
- Stir the egg yolk and sugar together until the mixture is light and frothy. Mix in the mascarpone.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, add the spoonful of sugar, beat again briefly and then fold into the mixture.
- Cover the bottom of a casserole dish or bowl with ladyfingers or amaretti and sprinkle with the spiced broth or syrup.
- Add a layer of mascarpone cream. Then place another layer of biscuits on top and sprinkle again with spice stock or syrup.
- Add the rest of the mascarpone cream.
- Garnish lightly with cassia-cinnamon powder and keep covered in the refrigerator.