Grittibänz - the bread man
- 500 g flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 20 g yeast: corresponds to 1 packet of dry yeast or ½ fresh yeast cube
- 75 g butter
- Approx. 3 dl milk
- Put flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a bowl.
- Heat milk and butter together in a pan until the butter has melted (do not heat above 36 °C) then add to the remaining ingredients and mix/knead until smooth.
- Leave to rise for about one hour. The dough should double in size.
- Form the dough figure
- Brush it with milk or egg to get a shiny surface.
- Put it in the cold oven and bake at 200°C for about 30 minutes. (depending on the size of the grittibänz)
It is baked through if you tap it and it sounds "hollow".