Sticky rice with mango
- 160 g glutinous rice
- Water half as much as rice in volume
- 3 dl coconut cream thick coconut milk
- 80 g sugar or raw sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- food colouring
- 2 tablespoons black sesame
- 2 ripe yellow mangos
- Rinse rice well and soak in cold water for several hours (possibly overnight).
- Put rice in a pan and bring to the boil with half as much water (in volume). Then let it simmer for about 15 minutes on a low boiling level.
- Heat coconut cream with salt and sugar (and possibly food colouring) until the sugar is dissolved. Do not boil, otherwise the coconut cream may curdle.
- Pour 2/3 of the coconut cream over the rice, mix well and allow to soak in.
- Arrange the rice on plates with the help of two spoons or an ice cream scoop and pour the rest of the coconut cream over it, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.