Popcorn is a wonderful thing!
Quickly made, ideal for unexpected guests! And soooo versatile.
From my childhood, I know the ones with chocolate or caramel. Or just like the classics with salt or sugar.
But today I feel like trying spice popcorn.
They are perfect for an aperitif or a snack.
For spice popcorn you can use different herbs or spices like paprika, curry or pepper.
Just as you like!
When exactly do I add the spices to the popcorn?
I have tried to put them in the pan with the corn kernels so that they stick directly to the popcorn when it pops.
THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
The corn grains need a lot of heat to pop up. However, the spices burn if the heat is too high.
It is, therefore, better to add the spices to the finished popcorn.
To make popcorn, you need special popcorn corn, the so-called puff-corn. You can find it in larger grocery stores.
Now, here’s the recipe:
- About 3 Tbsp of oil must be heat-resistant
- 100 g popcorn corn
- 60 g butter melted
- 2-3 tsp of spices Cajun, Outback, Curry etc.
- Heat oil in a wide pan
- Add the popcorn corn and close the pan with the lid. Reduce heat slightly.
- When the first corn kernels burst open, shake the pan slightly so that all kernels can burst open.
- Place the finished popcorn in a bowl
- Melt the butter and mix with the spices
- Pour the mixture over the finished popcorn and mix well