Here is the promised recipe for a wonderful saffron cream sauce.
It goes very well with fish and seafood, while for vegetarians it works well with tofu but also simply with rice or any other cereal. It also tastes good with boiled eggs.
It is easy and quick to make. I always use both, saffron powder and saffron threads. The powder because it gives more colour and the threads because they are so beautifully decorative. Since the saffron will be cooked in this dish, I do not put the saffron threads in warm water beforehand.
Saffron cream sauce
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 dl dry white wine
- 2 dl bouillon
- 1 pinch of saffron powder
- 1 pinch of saffron threads
- 2 dl cream half-fat
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop onion and garlic finely and fry in olive oil.
- Then add white wine, bouillon, saffron powder and saffron threads. Simmer for about 15 minutes, reducing the amount of liquid.
- Then add the cream and the corn maize and let it simmer again for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste