- 20 g of rooibos your choice: orange, Earl Grey, etc..
- 3 dl milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1.5 tbsp. maize starch
- 150 ml whipped cream
- 2 beaten egg whites
- Bring the milk and the rooibos to the boil in a pan. When it boils, remove the pan from the heat and let it rest for 20 minutes, then sieve.
- Add sugar, egg yolk and maize starch to the rooibos milk and mix well with a whisk, then bring everything to the boil together again.
- When it boils, remove from heat immediately and let it cool down.
- In the meantime, beat the egg whites and cream separately until stiff.
- Carefully fold the egg whites and cream into the rooibos mixture.