- 2 cups of flour 300 g
- 1 cup butter 150 g cold cut into small pieces
- 1 pinch of salt
- circa 1 dl Ice cold water as much as necessary to form a ball of dough
- 2 cups cooked and pureed pumpkin 550 g
- 2 eggs
- ½ Cup liquid cream 125 ml
- 1 Tbsp of molasses
- ¾ Cup whole cane sugar 130 g
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla powder or vanilla seeds from half a vanilla pod
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon cassia cinnamon
- ½ tps ground ginger
- ¼ tps ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
For the dough
For the filling
- Line the pie dish with a baking parchment
- Preheat the oven to 250 °C
- Mix flour, salt and butter well and "crumble" between your fingers.
- When everything is evenly crumbly, add so much ice water until a dough ball can be formed. Do not knead the dough, just join it together.
- Flatten the dough between 2 baking sheets and refrigerate.
- Roll out the dough and place it in the cake tin lined with baking parchment.
- Mix everything together well, put it on the dough base and put it in the oven immediately.
- Bake at 250 °C for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180 °C and continue baking until the mixture is firm.
Knife test: A knife stuck into the pie should come out clean. If pumpkin mass still sticks to it, it is not yet baked