I know it’s already November and pineapple cake with coconut flavor is not really in season anymore in Switzerland, where I live.
But on the other hand, it doesn’t hurt to get some tropical sun into your heart before winter. ?
And on the other hand, pineapple is always an exotic fruit for us.
You can either make this pineapple cake with fresh pineapple or you can use canned pineapple.
Here is the recipe:
Pineapple cake with coconut shavings
- 250 g butter room warm
- 250 g sugar white or raw sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100 g coconut shavings
- 50 g ground hazelnuts
- 1 dl pineapple juice ev. the juice from the can
- 200 g pineapple chopped ev. from the can
- 250 g flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ½ dl pineapple juice
- 50 g pineapple jam
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 °C, line cake pan with baking parchment paper
- Beat butter until soft
- Add sugar and eggs and continue mixing until the mixture is light (with raw sugar the mixture will stay brown)
- Stir in coconut flakes, hazelnuts, and pineapple juice
- Mix flour with baking powder and stir into the mixture
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and bake at 180°C for about 60 minutes.
- Mix juice, jam, and cardamom well and spread on warm cake
- Decorate with coconut shavings