Do you know Salade Niçoise e Pan bagnat?
Since I am in Nice right now, I enjoy the wonderful French cuisine. Of course, the typical Salade Niçoise and the less known “Pan bagnat” are not to be missed.
Both are quickly made and on these hot days soothingly fresh.
What is Pan bagnat?
It’s simply a Salade Niçoise packed in a bun. No sauce is added to the salad, only olive oil.
It’s best to cut the bun only 2/3 so that the – somewhat moist – contents can’t run out.
Cut the bun only 2/3
Then arrange the salad as described above directly in the bread
Enjoy your meal
Here is the recipe for the Salade Niçoise for 4 people:
Salade Niçoise – Salad from Nice
- 4 handfuls of green lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 pepper bell
- 1 cucumber
- 2 spring onions
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 8 black olives pitted
- 1 can of tuna drained
- 8 basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- 4 anchovy fillets
- Wash lettuce
- Wash tomatoes and cut into not too small pieces
- Pepperoni wash, core and cut into small pieces
- Peel cucumber and cut into cubes
- Chop spring onions and eggs
- halve olives
- Mix all the chopped vegetables with the tuna
- Cut basil into small pieces and mix with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the green salad on 4 plates
- Spread the vegetable-thon mixture on it
- Drizzle the basil-oil-spice sauce on top and garnish with the anchovy fillets