As promised last week, today I’m sending you a recipe for mint ice cream
You can use any kind of mint for this. I like the Moroccan Nana mint the best.
Of course, it’s great if you can use your own mint grown in your garden ?
You can make the mint ice cream in an ice cream maker or put it in a container in the freezer and stir it with a fork every half hour.
It tastes best when it is not completely frozen.
You can use the basic recipe for this:
For about 500 – 700 ml of ice cream
Mint ice cream
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 250 ml cream half-fat
- 1 teaspoon carob bean flour
- 100 g sugar
- 10 – 20 mint leaves depending on the size
- Separate eggs, put egg white in refrigerator
- Mix egg yolk with a little milk
- Remainder of milk, cream, carob bean flour, sugar, and mint mix well in a blender so that the mint is crushed. Then bring to a boil in a wide pan, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Then add egg yolk-milk mixture to mixture while stirring.
- Pour mixture through a sieve into a bowl and let cool.
- When the mixture has cooled, place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, fold into the mixture and turn into ice cream in the ice cream machine