Lemon-poppy seed – magic cake
- Round baking pan 24 cm in diameter in silicone or lined with baking paper
- 4 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 125 g butter
- 125 g flour
- 30 g poppy seeds
- 400 ml milk
- Approx. 2 lemons peel and 100 ml juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C
- Separate the eggs
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Melt butter and stir into the egg-sugar mixture.
- Add flour, poppy seeds, milk, and salt and whisk for a few minutes.
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice to the batter.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and gently fold them into the batter with a whisk.
- Pour the batter into buttered or lined pan and smooth the surface with a knife.
- Bake in a 150 °C oven for 50 minutes.
- The dough is still soft when you take it out
- Before removing from the mold, after it’s cooled down, chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to firm up.
- Serve cool
And another tip: Decorate with a few lemon fillets and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Alternatively, mix a glaze. To do this, whip 300 ml of well-chilled cream with 150 g of mascarpone until it becomes a thick cream. Then gradually add 45 g sugar, whisking constantly.