The ultimate basic recipe for homemade ice cream
As you may have seen, I have a new ice cream machine. One with a compressor – that refrigerates itself. And that’s made my ice cream consumption skyrocket.
Now I can make my own ice cream very quickly and easily. In 45-60 minutes, about 7 dl of delicious, creamy ice cream is on the table.
With this recipe you can quickly and easily make your own ice cream
After some trial and error, I now have a basic recipe that really works with almost any flavor.
I’m happy to share it with you.
What is your basic ice cream recipe?
Ice cream- basic recipe
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 250 ml cream half-fat or full-fat – depending on the ice cream flavor
- 1 tsp carob bean flour
- 100 g sugar for sour ingredients, such as lemon juice, add approx. 50 g
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 125 ml passion fruit concentrate
- 1 lemon juice only
- etc, etc, etc
- Separate eggs, put egg white in frigerator
- Mix egg yolk with a little milk
- Boil rest of milk, cream, carob bean flour and, sugar in a wide pan, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Then add egg yolk-milk mixture to mixture while stirring.
- Pour mixture through a sieve into a bowl and let cool.
- Add flavoring (your choice, as listed above).
- For the chocolate ice cream, melt the chocolate with the mass.
- When the mixture has cooled, place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, fold into the mixture and turn into ice cream in the ice cream machine