Green curry paste - a vegetarian version
- ½ Tbsp Coriander seeds
- ½ Tbsp Cumin seeds
- 6 white peppercorns
- ¼ Tbsp fresh and grated Turmeric or powder
- 2 lemongrass stems white part only
- 1 tsp fresh grated galangal or ginger
- 2-3 green chillies fresh, roughly cut (the quantity varies according to how spicy it is)
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves without leaf veins coarsely cut
- ½ Kaffir lime peel only (or lime)
- 2 shallots coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Dry roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and peppercorns in a pan and then grind them in a mortar to a fine powder.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients to a paste in a large mortar or mixer.
This paste can be stored in the refrigerator for about 1 week.