Do you know Golden Milk?
Golden Milk is this golden yellow drink that will warm you from the inside and is quite healthy. It is particularly well known in Ayurvedic culture. Nowadays, however, it is a real “in” drink and is highly appreciated by many. Other names for Golden Milk are turmeric milk, golden latte, or turmeric latte.
And do you know Golden Milk ice cream?
Today I felt like using this spice mixture in a completely different way. Namely, cold – as golden milk ice cream.
For me, ice cream has to be sweet. That’s why a sweetener had to go in. I decided to bring in a little more flavor and used maple syrup instead of sugar.
This ice cream is of course quite special, with a taste we are not necessarily used to. However, it’s worth giving it a try.
Here is the recipe:
Golden Milk ice cream
- 2 eggs
- 50 g maple syrup
- 2 dl half-fat cream
- 2 dl milk
- ½ – 1 tsp Golden-Milk mix
- Mix eggs and maple syrup until everything is foamy.
- Bring cream and milk to the boil, then add to the foamy egg mixture
- Put the mixture back into the pan and bring to the boil
- Add golden-milk mixture and mix everything well.
- Leave to cool and then place in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Churn into ice cream in the ice cream maker