Fruit-tea-sauce with candied ginger and dates
- 2 lt water
- 4 tablespoons Christmas fruit-tea or other fruit-tea
- 1 tablespoon jam of your choice
- 1 handful of candied ginger
- 1 handful of pitted dates
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- Bring the water and fruit-tea to the boil and boil for 5 minutes, then sieve.
- Add the jam and the grated fresh ginger and bring everything to the boil again and let it boil for about half an hour. The liquid is reduced to half.
- Cut the candied ginger and the dates in quarters.
- Puree half of the ginger and the dates with fruit-tea and add to the rest of the tea.
- Add the rest of the candied ginger and dates to the tea and boil for another 5 minutes
Instead of dates, you can also use dried apricots or figs.