- 3 fresh egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 g icing sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons cinnamon
- 350 g ground almonds if the dough is too sticky, add some more almonds
- sugar to roll out on it
- Beat the egg whites with the salt until very stiff. Sieve the icing sugar and fold it into the egg whites. Put about 6 tablespoons of this mixture aside for the icing.
- Add the cinnamon and almonds to the rest of the dough and mix well.
- Flatten the dough between two baking parchments and place in the freezer for 1 hour (or 2 hours in the fridge).
- Then roll out the dough on sugar to a thickness of about 1 cm, cut out stars with star-shaped cutters and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper using a spatula. Dip the cookie cutter in icing sugar every time you use it so that the dough does not stick to it.
- Brush the icing over the cookie and let it dry for about 6 hours.
- Then bake at 220 °C for about 5 minutes.