- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 g sieved icing sugar
- 1 - 1½ tbsp whole aniseed
- 250 g flour
- Beat eggs, salt and the sieved icing sugar until the mixture is light and frothy.
- Then add the flour and the anis seed and combine to a dough.
- Form finger-thick rolls from the dough and cut into pieces about 5 cm long. Bend the pieces slightly and cut them 2-3 times diagonally.
- Leave the biscuits to dry on a greased tray for about 20 hours. They will then have a light edge at the bottom. This is called "feet".
- Preheat the oven to 100°C, then bake the "Chräbeli" for about 20 minutes. Leave to cool on a grid.
These biscuits are rather hard and even go well with a glass of wine.