- 4 limes or lemons juice only.
- 3 tablespoons mustard medium hot, may also be coarse-grained
- Pepper to taste
- Chili chopped and without seeds to taste fresh or dried
- 1 tsp. sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch of allspice powder or clove powder
- 6 onions medium size
- 4-8 chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons oil
For the marinade:
- Mix lime or lemon juice with mustard, chili, pepper, sugar, salt and all spice powder
- Peel the onions and cut them into thin slices (2/3 mm)
- Place onion slices in a shallow dish
- Pat chicken thighs dry and place on top of onions
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and let it marinate for at least one hour
- Mix the marinade from time to time
- Remove chicken thighs from marinade and pat dry
- Fry in hot oil on all sides
- Add the marinade with the onion slices to the chicken and simmer on low heat for at least 30 minutes.
- Add a little water if necessary, there should always be enough liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
Serve with rice and vegetables or salad.