Chicken Costa Rica-Caribbean style
- 1 chicken cut into pieces about 1 kg
- 1 lime juice only
- 1 pepper bell
- 10 cm celery
- 1 onion
- About 1/2 handful of coriander leaves
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 tbsp Lizano sauce or soy sauce
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 dl coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Mix chicken pieces with lime juice, let stand for a short time, then drain off the juice.
- Wash pepper bell and celery and cut into pieces of about 0.5 cm in size
- Peel and chop onion
- Chop coriander leaves
- Add thyme, Lizano sauce, salt and pepper to the vegetables and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add sugar and let it caramelize until it is very dark brown (almost black).
- Add chicken pieces and fry well on all sides
- Add vegetables, coconut milk and tomato paste and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add more coconut milk if needed
Serve with salad and fried plantains.