Here’s a recipe for a curry dish with yogurt and almond sticks
It turns out wonderfully creamy and goes well with rice or naan bread – anything you can use to put the sauce on. The almond sticks also make it crunchy.
As with any curry dish, there are quite a few different recipes for this one. I chose an option with a rather mild curry.
Besides, I used a ready-made curry mix and not many individual spices.
Instead of chicken cutlets you can also use larger pieces of chicken. The cooking time is then a bit longer.
Here is the recipe for 4 people:
Chicken “Badami Murgh”
- 600 g chicken
- 2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 3 Tbsp almond sticks
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 medium onions peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed
- 1 Tbsp ginger grated
- 2 Tbsp curry mixture of your choice
- Ev. chili to taste
- 2 large tomatoes
- 50 g ground almonds
- ½ dl water
- salt to taste
- 150 g natural yogurt unsweetened
- Mix chicken pieces with 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice and let stand for 30 min.
- Dry roast almond sticks in a frying pan until brown and fragrant. Then set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Sauté onions, garlic and ginger in hot oil until translucent.
- Reduce heat and add curry mixture
- Add chicken pieces and fry (about 5 minutes)
- Add tomatoes and ground almonds (add chili if desired).
- Add water and salt and simmer covered for about 30 minutes.
- Add yogurt and 1 tablespoon lemon juice and mix well again
- Decorate with the roasted almonds